Implement WAN Governance
IT requires a rock solid yet flexible network to meet ever changing operational requirements and support higher levels of enterprise performance. WAN Governance is a unique top-down approach enabling enterprises to align applications and network to IT and finally business priorities.
With Ipanema, enterprises can implement WAN Governance to:
- Make applications and data effectively and easily available throughout the global enterprise;
- Organize and manage resources to synchronize IT and WAN strategies;
- Rightsize their infrastructure, protect their IT investments and reduce their network costs;
- Ensure clear communication among the enterprise’s stakeholders, and particularly IT and business managers.
What Ipanema brings to WAN Governance?
Global networks must adapt to new business application delivery schemes: server consolidation, cloud computing, desktop virtualization, Unified Communications, public Internet, etc. Historically, traffic management involved static, policy-based technologies with costly, manual network reconfigurations. This old approach is no longer able to address the enterprise’s challenge to align its IT to its business models.
Ipanema's automation and complete feature-set provides all the necessary means for a simple and efficient WAN Governance implementation:
- Autonomic Networking, an objective-driven technology that dynamically and automatically adapts to traffic and network changes, performing second-by-second distributed decisions to match - or exceed - application performance objectives;
- A full set of QoS, Control, Dynamic WAN Selection and WAN Optimization techniques that are orchestrated by the Autonomic Networking control plane;
- Crystal-clear application Visibility that provides application performance KPIs and network rightsizing reports to feed the governance process.
With Ipanema, WAN Governance can be implemented in an easy and efficient manner. Enterprises typically deploy their WAN Governance process with a 3 month cycle, delegating to their Ipanema system the adaptation of all application traffic changes between each period.