Enable cloud applications
Cloud computing is shaping the architecture of application delivery. In the same time, the frontier between private and public worlds is collapsing. Ipanema ensures the success of cloud initiatives by solving cloud challenges:
- Network moving from MPLS to hybrid [MPLS + Internet];
- Internet applications turning from recreational to business tools;
- Applications migrating from on-premises to SaaS (Office 365, GoogleApps, Salesforce…);
- Users accessing applications from everywhere: the workplace, home, hotel, etc.
Cloud initiatives, initially considered as straightforward and cost effective, become progressively difficult to manage for IT, frustrating for the users and expensive for the company:
- Private and public cloud applications such as SaaS collaborative applications increase the volume of traffic;
- The rollout of cloud applications changes the traffic matrix and creates new competition for on-premise applications;
- Differentiating business and recreational usage of Internet applications like YouTube or Facebook is increasingly difficult;
- Branch offices are the new communication hubs: application patterns change continuously and increase the competition between critical and less-critical user flows.
Directly aligning the network to the business priorities, Ipanema provides enterprises with full control to solve their cloud application delivery challenges by:
- Understanding the network impact of cloud applications;
- Monitoring cloud applications’ performance from the user point-of-view;
- Guaranteeing end-user’s experience for cloud and on-premise applications at the same time;
- Selecting the most efficient network access among MPLS and Internet for each application flow.